- As of year-end 2016, customer energy consumption and peak
demand were reduced by more than 12,000 GWh and
4,800 MW, respectively.
- Customers benefited from electric rates below the national
average in all customer classes and all service areas for the
third consecutive year.
- During 2016, the Duke Energy and Piedmont Natural Gas
Foundations contributed $33.5 million to our communities.
- Relentlessly pursue our goal of achieving and sustaining top
quartile customer satisfaction, placing the customer at the center
of everything we do.
- Invest $25 billion over the next 10 years to create a more modern,
smarter energy grid that is also more resilient and better prepared
for severe weather events.
- Continue to work with stakeholders to identify positive outcomes
to issues important to our communities.