- Met our five-year (2013 to 2017) economic development goals
a year early by helping attract more than 50,000 jobs and
over $14 billion in capital investments to our service territories
- Achieved adjusted diluted earnings per share of $4.69, near the
high end of our earnings guidance to Wall Street.
- Increased the quarterly dividend by 4 percent; 2017 will mark the
91st consecutive year Duke Energy has paid a quarterly dividend.
- As of year-end 2016, owned or had under contract over 5,400 MW
of wind, solar and biomass.
- Completed the acquisition of Piedmont Natural Gas, tripling the
number of natural gas customers we serve.
- Continue to help attract jobs and capital investments in our
communities through our economic development programs.
- Deliver value to our customers and grow our business by investing
$37 billion in growth capital over the next five years.
- Continue to take advantage of new technologies to find better
ways to meet customer expectations.
- Maintain our position as an industry leader in environmental,
social and governance disclosure.